Monday, July 23, 2012

Independence Day

They're a little late, but here are some pictures from our 4th of July celebrations.

I didn't make too many plans ahead of time because Noe was going to work in the evening. We hung out at the house most of the day, and Noe did some mowing. Samweli had to be involved of course, and ended up pushing this mower around the yard a little. Noe ended up turning it on and helping him over the rough spots. He is such a beast of a man! I can't believe how strong he is! <---I'm talking about Samweli. :)

Samweli is full of independence himself these days. We went to Letulle Park for the city's July 4th celebration. There weren't too many people there, but that was perfect for my son because he had plenty of room to roam around wherever he pleased. There were prizes (my friends won a trip to Schlitterbahn!), free bouncy houses, water slides, great bands, and the most exciting part...pin wheels:

The last "band" was a barbershop quartet that covered our favorite patriotic songs and led into the fireworks show, which was Samweli's first ever. He loved it!

I would just like to say that Bay City did an AMAZING job putting together our Independence Day celebration. The fireworks show was the biggest in our history (so I'm told), the kids' activities were free, and the park was sprayed for mosquitos. For our little town, I'm pretty proud. Even though there wasn't a huge turnout, I hope they do it again next year. We'd definitely be there!

No comments: