Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm Back

I'm back - at least for a while anyway - I mean, I'll try to write a little more, promise. I feel like I've got tons of stuff to share since I haven't updated in so long (since like, August). Anyways. So what's been going on with us?

Well, in October we bought a house here in our hometown (if any of you old friends of mine remember where the Michalks' lived, it's right next door to their old house). Unfortunately there was a good bit of work to be done before we could move in...the biggest thing was gutting/remodeling the bathroom. :) We moved in with my parents, again - I love you, mom and dad - so we could have time to finish up after we had to be out of our rent house. In November, Samuel turned 1 year old. We had a great birthday party that I put a ton of work into. I decided that my next baby that turns 1 is getting a big bouquet of balloons for decoration - and a bouncy house - no theme needed. It's easy, and what does he/she care? We also got to see my family from Washington, who came down for Thanksgiving. In December, we got moved into our new house and decided to take a break from all projects. January came and went all in a blur. I had a big diaper stash I was working on for a friend, and I finally finished it (2 days ago). They'll be all delivered tomorrow. 23 fitted diapers, 6 covers, a pail liner, and a wet bag. Yay! I can't wait to try them on that newborn tushie.

Hmmm...well, I guess it doesn't sound like we've been doing too much, but really, we have. Now that we're finally getting geared up to finish this house, I'm hearing all my mom friends talk about how it's time to start the gardening - what? I thought that wasn't until spring. That just shows how much I know - which is not much.

Those are all my thoughts for now. I'll try and do a funner post next time, and yes, it will include pictures. :) Oh, and just for the sake of letting you know, I am even enjoying doing laundry in my new house. Well, I don't mind the washing, but I still dislike folding and putting away. Actually, if someone wanted to do my laundry for me, I wouldn't stop them, but at least I'm not avoiding it like the plague anymore. :P

Be blessed!

2 comments:

LKH said...

Thanks for the update! I def want to see pics of the house..

Mama Samweli said...

I want to put some before/after shots up, but we're still not technically done with the house. I guess you're never really "done". I'm definitely going to get pictures of Samuel's room up ASAP...the rest will follow. :)